Article of the Month
Teachings of Jesus Christ - Part 2
by Rev. Dr. John Williams
In our regular Church Services, Gospel Meetings,
Crusades etc., since a special topic, passage or theme of the Bible is
emphasized and preached on, the primary teachings of Jesus Christ, during His
own ministry is often neglected. I believe it is very important that Christians
as well as Non-Christians need to hear once again, the Teachings of Jesus
Christ, in which He explained the proper and expected conduct and behavior of
people towards others. In the following section, the specific Teachings of Jesus
Christ, during His ministry on this Earth, is clearly stated. This is the area
in which people generally violate God's Laws and Principles, and behave in a way
contrary to the teachings of Jesus.
1. Whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause, shall be in danger of the judgment.
2. First be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
3. Agree with thine adversary quickly.
4. Whosoever looks at a woman to lust after her, hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
5 If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members shall perish and not that the whole body should be cast in to hell.
6. Whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, should turn to him the other also.
7. If anyone will sue thee at the law and take away thy coat, let him have your cloak also.
8. If anyone compels you to go a mile, go with him twain.
9. Give to him that asketh thee.
10. He have heard that it hath been said, thou shalt love thy neighbors and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you that love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.
11. If you love them which love you what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same.
12. Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
13. When thou doest alms, let not your left hand know what the right hand doeth.
14. When your alms are given in secret, your Father in heaven will reward you openly.
15. When you pray, enter into thy closet. Your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly.
16. When you pray use not vain repetitions.
17. Pray in this manner; "Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, and lead us not into temptations, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, power, and glory for ever. Amen
18.when you fast, do not have as the hypocrites a sad countenance; for they disfigure their faces that they may appear unto men to fast.
19, Lay not for yourselves treasures upon earth where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves breakthrough and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, for where the treasure is there your heart will also be.
20. No man can serve two masters. you cannot serve God and Mammon.
21. Behold the fowls of the earth; for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barn, yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
22. Which of you can taketh not into his cubit for into stature.
23. Why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin. I say unto you that even Solomon in his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
24. Therefore if God clothe the grass of the field, shall he not much more clothe you. Oh ye of little faith?
25.Therefore take no thought of what shall we eat? or what shall we drink or from where shall we get clothes?
26. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
27. Ask and it shall be given; seek and ye shall be find; and knock and it shall be opened unto you.
28. If two of you shall agree on earth, it shall be done of my father which is in heaven.
29. For where two or three are gathered together in my name there am I in their midst.
30. Verily I say unto you, in as much as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it to me.
31. For what shall a man profit, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul.
32. If anyone leaves his house, brothers, sisters, father, mother, wife, children or lands for my sake and the gospel's sake, he shall receive a 100 fold new, houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and lands in the world to come.
33. If you do not forgive neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
34. What thing so ever ye desire when you pray, believe that you receive them, and ye shall have them.
35. Love they neighbor as thy self.
36. Go into all the world and preach the gospel .
37. Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; a good measure pressed down, shaken together, and running over, shall men give unto your bosom.
39. Whosoever, heareth my sayings and doeth them, will be like a man which built a house, after digging deep and laying the foundation on the rock. When the floods arise, the stream beat vehemently upon the house, they cannot shake it.
40. Behold I give unto you the power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing by any means shall hurt you.